No one wants to spend time in jail. When you are arrested in New Jersey, hiring an attorney to defend you against the charges is usually the clear choice. However, in very serious criminal cases, you may actually need a skilled criminal defense attorney immediately to help you avoid jail even before your trial. Whether you are worried about yourself or a loved one facing incarceration pending a New Jersey trial, turn to the Law Offices of John F. Marshall for talented legal representation. Our experienced New Jersey Bail Attorneys will work to obtain a bail amount you can afford to get you home for the support of your family and friends while preparing for this challenging situation.
New Jersey Bail Hearings
Bail is meant to ensure that you will return to appear in court after your release. At your bail hearing, the Judge reviews a number of factors to determine whether you are eligible for bail and in what amount:
- How serious is the crime with which you are being charged?
- Do you have a criminal record?
- Have you been released on bail in the past, and if so, did you fulfill the bail conditions?
- What is your mental condition and reputation?
- Do you have family ties and relationships in the community?
- How long have you lived in the area?
- Do you have a Job, and if so, how long?
- What is your financial situation?
- Will any responsible community members vouch for you and your reliability?
- Are there any other factors that would demonstrate either your dependability in appearing for court or risks that you may fail to appear?
For most charges, you need only post 10 percent of the bail set by the judge to be released. However, this 10 percent cash option is not available for certain crimes, such as felony murder, manslaughter, kidnapping and sexual assault.
The Law Offices of John F. Marshall Can Help you Obtain Affordable Bail
The lawyers at the Law Offices of John F. Marshall will advocate for an affordable bail option for you. We have a long and successful history of achieving bail reductions for our clients and Release on Recognizance (ROR) for many. Our lengthy experience and extensive knowledge of New Jersey Criminal Defense Law are important tools instrumental in getting you home to your family.
There are a number of options to pursue:
- No Bail – ROR
- Property Bail
- 10 percent Cash Bond
- Bail Bondsman
- Full Cash Bail
Call 877-450-8301 right away to retain an experienced New Jersey Bail attorney at The Law Offices of John F. Marshall for your Bail Hearing.